You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Given that they are so durable and flexible, plastic cards can be put to use in many different elements of your business. On top of their visual appeal, plastic cards can also be used to interact with machines.
Since they have so many uses, businesses can get advantages from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce waste by recycling all your old plastic cards into brand-new useful cards.
- In addition, some PVC cards are biodegradable in soil or composite after only four years.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Now that you're ready for more information about your custom plastic cards and our competitive pricing, just fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We'll help you find the right plastic card printer, and at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
The top printer brands that can be found on our easy-to-navigate website.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. You’ll be able to save as much as 50% on all supplies and printers, with our low prices. Ongoing customer service that continues after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Think about Before Purchasing an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
It’s cheaper to buy a single sided printer, but less convenient because you have to manually flip the card to print to the reverse side. Dual sided card printers will save time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer or re-transfer printers use a ribbon and transfer film to produce higher-quality results with better color bleed and no white border on the cards. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes faster print speeds and that have high yield ribbons available.
If you only print small amounts, you can save money with a handfed printer, or with a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability. For cards that will be swiped or otherwise regularly handled, this is a necessity.
Lamination can also be used to add security features like holograms.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to PCs directly by using a USB cable.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a common synonym for plastic, and though it is often associated with pipes and construction, PVC is a durable plastic that is excellent for creating and printing ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers use many different methods to transfer a card design onto a plastic card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. One of the more popular methods for ID card printing is dye sublimation printing that requires the use of a ribbon which has panels containing three main colors, they include Cyan, Yellow, and Magenta.
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of ID card printing. This method uses a ribbon with panels of three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta) on the entire length.
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation is very commonly used in conjunction with color PVC card printers, and when used with a black-and-white PVC card printer, it’s known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can just use a single-sided printer and flip the cards over to print both sides.
It's a bit more work, but it saves a considerable amount of money and is a good choice for smaller businesses that only need to print a few cards here and there.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
Also, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize templates of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and much more! PRINTING ON DEMAND The Badgy200 allows you to instantly print your own cards without any other assistance.
You can print your badges as your need for them increases - in small batches or as single cards. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has a printing output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 Printer produces personalized plastic cards using edge-to-edge professional quality printing, so that your organization's brand image can be strongly highlighted.
EASY TO USE Simple to get up and running, the Badgy200 is no tougher to work than a printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. Installing print ribbons is a breeze with this print system, because ribbons are automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can easily fit into any workspace.
- It's extremely lightweight, weighing in at 9 pounds.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own professional-quality custom badges whenever and wherever you want. It is truly the ideal solution for any business that needs to print plastic cards for any occasion.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Your badges will be printed in full color by Badgy, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 is perfect for graphic personalization and rapid card creation, either in singles or in small batches.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You’ll be able to design and print edge-to-edge badges just like a professional, or any kind of ID cards you want.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can get a free card template library through www.badgy.com to personalize the template of your choice by adding photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is cost-effective and perfect for low volume card printing applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
Additionally, an LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 feature full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing just one card or 100 cards (or more), the cost to print is impressively low and easy on the budget.
In addition to that, less power is used when it’s set on hibernation mode, which saves money.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
Speedy printing of 95 color cards or 325 monochrome cards per hour allows Badgy to be used for bulk prints when needed.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges